a crown of forest

I have moved into a small cottage in the mountains for my 10 days corona quarantine after arriving in Norway.


In the beginning I felt a bit claustrophobic.
It is one of these traditional Norwegian cottages, with thick timber walls and tiny windows. So the first night I slept most of the night outdoor in my hammock, watching the clouds and the light changing, moving, always drifting into a new form.

Now I have befriended the indoor space also. Cleaned out some spider webs and lit a bunch of candles.




Silent Mornings
I enjoy this simple life, alone in nature.

To wake up in the morning. Find water for my coffee in the river. The fragrances of the forest and the newborn day – and from the freshly grinded coffee beans.

Then, sit down. With the coffee, with pen and paper. Let the words come, as streams in the forest floor. Or just sit in silence.

It is not that I don't like to be with people. It is just that I like so much to be with myself.

To have this silent, empty space, to listen;
To the river. To the birdsong. The whispers of my own Heart. The calling of my own Soul.

It's a love affair, these silent mornings.




Midsummer
Tonight is midsummer, the longest and lightest night the whole year. In Scandinavia it is a tradition for the women to wear a flowers garland this evening. It is not so many flowers here in the mountains, as down in the valley. So I made mine from eriophorum, with a few mountain flowers in between.

And today I had my "Indian hot shower" (read; bucket with warm water and a bailer) under the open sky.
I am ready to receive a crown of forest in my hair ;-)


MIDNIGHT SUNSET: I took this photo exactly at midnight last night.



CROWN OF FOREST; Flowers garland made by eriophorum



#midsummer #forest #mountains #summerinnorway #cottageinnorway #hedalenivaldres #scandinavianmidsummer #summerinscandinavia #naturalbeing #naturechild


Kommentarer

Populære innlegg